Trend Alert: Sleek and slim cargo pants


I've always been a fan of cargo pants.

Over the years they've been an unfailing & dependable part of my wardrobe, always there for me on days that all my other pants would turn against me, be it jeans feeling too tight and uncomfortable or trousers that would make me feel frumpy and refuse to work with any other item of clothing.

My cargos have always been a team player, happy to work with anything from a basic tee to a cute little cami. They've worked well with my thongs, joggers and even (sadly) with heels (a trend I experimented with in the 90's I think?).  I know I haven't always been as faithful to them, stashing them away in the depths of my wardrobe for months (and perhaps years) on end, however I have to say that I never forget where they are, and unlike many other items clothing that I've passed on to new owners, I've always kept my cargos close, knowing they'll serve me well when in need.

So it appears right now they're once again becoming quite a hot & in demand little item, this time in a new, slightly sleeker version. The new look cargo is being rocked by stylish celebs such as Hilary Duff, Kate Bosworth, Jessica Alba and Rachel Bilson (just to mention a few) and all styling them in their own individual way.

Although I'm of course intrigued, I haven't actually tried on this fitted style cargo yet so I can't say whether or not they are flattering, comfortable or what exactly it'll take to pull them off almost as well as the girls below. They've definitely sparked my curiosity though so I shall keep you updated!





Images: www.denimblog.com & www.zimbio.com





Found! As seen on Hilary, Kate, Jessica & Rachel, J Brand Houlihan low-rise skinny cargo jeans available at Net-a-porter.com