Bollywood Fashion Show

Fashion blogger: Rupi Sood of The Diva Lounge have graciously invited me to the Bollywood Fashion Show, which happened past Friday evening at the Magnolia Banquet Hall YYC. I didn't know much about the Bollywood fashion scene, nor have I ever been to any of their fashion events. I did however, knew that often intensive colours, such as bright red, green, yellow and gold patterns/linings are often used in their styles.  Bollywood fashion often gave me the festive energy, and full of enthusiasm. The Bollywood Fashion Show didn't disappoint me in that sense. 

Designer: Aman Dhalay doing final touches on the models.
Designer Aman Dhalay of Javeda Fashions was the main feature of the night's event. She infused the cultural East Indian fashion with modern edginess in this latest collection.  The traditional saree can be seen on the female models, with the "sparkles in your eyes" sequins decoration. My favourite piece is the blue one-shoulder evening party dress and the vibrant floral embroidered pants with an elegant combination of of Euro-inspired high waist-line coat. Aman Dhalay has the best of both East Indian and Western cultures that can consistently be seen in this collection.
 Kacey & Binzento Vincente

The Diva Lounge & Kacey

Mike Addams, Ruby Ellen and SHIFT models

This fashion show broadened my knowledge in the transition of traditional to modern Bollywood fashion. The Diva Lounge really worked hard this time and did an excellent job promoting this event to the community beyond the Indian culture. It brightened our sense of fashion and it's always nice to see something that's different. 
The Diva Lounge with our special guests (celebs) of the night


The night ended with an authentic Punjabi club DJ mix party. Guest performers of the night included UK celebrity DJ Punjabi MC, Artist Jessie Manak, DJ Gagan Rehill, and Solomon. Binzento Vincente had a great time dancing his night away! 


Like me on Facebook: Binzento Vincente
Follow me on Twitter: @SimplyVincent
Subscribe to my YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/vwslaw
Listen to me on Heello: @SimplyVincent
Be my fan on 微博: @SimplyVincent
Email me: vincent_waishing_law@hotmail.com