Makeup Trend Alert: Barely There Makeup

Ashley Greene looking natural & healthy. Image: www.hollywoodlife.com

This season there’s no arguing that when it comes to makeup looks, it’s all about looking as natural as possible. Healthy looking luminous skin is what you want your stand out feature to be, then, simply add a dust of blush or bronzer to your cheeks, a lashing of mascara and a pretty stain of pink or peach lip colour and your ready to walk out the door – gosh how I love it when things are this simple to achieve!

To be honest, I’ve never felt comfortable wearing thick makeup so seeing photos from International Fashion Weeks with models walking the runways with barely there looking makeup was so refreshing and exciting. I’m always telling my own teenage girls that using makeup isn’t about trying to paint on a brand new face, it’s to subtly highlight your features, to simply enhance what you already have. It’s so nice to be able show them so many gorgeous examples of what I’ve been saying for so long!

So how do you achieve that healthy, dewy complexion using barely any makeup you may ask? It’s all in the technique and a few key products…Here are my 2 favourites...

Dermalogica Sheer Tint Moisture SPF15

I have been using this products for years and LOVE it!

I've never liked heavy foundations and before discovering this product I would actually water down my foundation so that it would feel and look lighter.

As the name implies, it only gives 'sheer' coverage so it won't replace a traditional foundation if you do want like thicker coverage. I love it though, especially on weekends when I don't want to look 'made up' but still want something that will even out my skin tone and give a  healthy looking glow. It's also so light weight so when you apply it, it literally feels like it's just melting into your skin.

RRP $75.50 AUD, www.dermalogica.com.au

jane iredale PurePressed® Base

This is my next step if I want that little extra coverage or to conceal a few unwanted blemishes or spots. A foundation, powder, concealer and sunscreen all in one, I love that the feel is weightless and that you can simply layer it to go from a barely there makeup look to heavier coverage if needed - and it will still look really natural!

That fact that it's mineral makeup, natural and preservative free makes it even better. Having only been recently introduced to this product and other jane iredale products I'm now completely addicted and SO impressed with everything I've tried so far. This is one of my favourites though!


Want to know more? Here's some more great resources for Spring makeup trends and getting that natural barely there makeup look!

www.primped.com.au | New York Fashion Week S/S ’12: Video: Top 5 backstage beauty products. (This is one of Yaz Turker's videos which I can never get enough of!)
www.thelane.com | If your getting married and want your makeup natural looking, The Lane has a photo gallery of gorgeous natural makeup inspiration
❤ Interview with Yaz Turker here on Mylookbook! She seriously has the most amazing skin so I asked her about it! You can read the interview here