Shiny Leggings...Proceed With Caution...

Although this trend has been creeping in for the past 12 months, I really think they’re going to be huge here in Australia next winter. If you can’t wait until then, and as usual I can’t (I’m too much of a sucker for a new trend and of course trying to replicate a celebrity outfit). I’ve already purchased a pair from American Apparel and have been researching non-tacky ways to merge them into a sort of summery outfit.

I’m thinking however it’s a trend to be very very careful of, it’s one of those clothing items that can look horribly wrong and what you think may be a gorgeously fashion forward outfit can end up looking just plain tacky and cheap. I won’t paste up the scary and awful images I found (think Victoria Beckham in shiny leggings and a shiny boob tube top....) I want to keep my blog inspiring with ideas on ‘how to’ wear things. Basically my point is, proceed with caution on this new trend!

My favourite combo: A plain smock style top + leggings