I found some new inspiration on the weekend.

I might be seem slow off the mark to those who already knew about this very cool website known as lookbook.nu. I always take time out in my day to indulge in street style websites websites such as the Thesartorialist, Facehunter and Streetpeeper.com. One of my favourite pastimes is also sitting in a city cafe to study what strangers that pass me by are wearing. Sadly the internet has now allowed me to indulge in this fashion voyeurism to an even greater extent, viewing what strangers are wearing all around the globe and all on the same day.
What has me excited about Lookbook.nu is the visual aesthetic of the images posted. Once upon a time it was only the glossy pages in fashion magazines which captured the chicest of outfit combinations, styled flawlessly and photographed so beautifully. I’d slowly soak up each delightful page, captivated by the clever angles and beautiful lighting.
The digital age has now allowed ordinary people to experiment, turning their bedrooms, backyards and personal wardrobes into their own fashion masterpieces. With no expensive film processing costs, practice can make perfect and my God it’s impressive. With the added addition of Photoshop, complete artistic expression is accessible to the masses & I I’m pretty impressed by what I see. It’s not only the clever outfit combinations; it’s the complete beautiful image that’s been created. Some of the photos I’ve been looking at are as good as a Russh Editorial, and just as cleverly styled.
Having always collected images for inspiration I’ve now found a website that will definitely keep me occupied for quite some time. With pages and pages of inspiration, it’s just how deep to you want to go and how much time do you have....

Some of my favourite pics - today...