Thinking about the jumpsuit...

Today I'm thinking about jumpsuits. I know they've been on the 'trend' list for a couple of years now but it's one of those clothing items that looks so effortlessly chic when worn well.

I've tried to re-create celebrity looks I've seen a few times although whenever I try it I can't seem to get it right. Maybe it's the jumpsuits I've tried on, or it could be my height? I think it's a case of if your not 5'9" with a perfect body, you will just need to find a style that will suit your own body shape. If your on the curvy side, a jumpsuit that is more structured rather than made from slouchy lycra is going to be much more flattering and like it or not, heels will most likely be a must.


What actually started me thinking about jumpsuits today was a gorgeous photo of Christianna Heideman of
Damselfly on the Ladymelbourne blog. I absolutely love her complete ensemble and the hat just perfects it in a quirky yet naturally cool way. It really got thinking about how versatile a great jumpsuit can be....


The Photo from LadyMelbourne that got me thinking about Jumpsuits again..

Jennifer Hudson is a gorgeous example of accessorizing perfectly and finding a style to suit your own body shape.

Streetstyle Jumpsuit

I took this photo of a girl at Brisbane Fashion Week. I loved her combo of the jumpsuit, vintage vest, sandals and necklace. (Yes she isn't wearing heels so maybe there are a few exceptions to the rule..)

Jessica Stroup - Simple & elegant with a few basic accessories

Jennifer Hawkins on the Myer Catwalk during MBFF

Kate Bosworth who ALWAYS looks effortlessly chic

The day time jumpsuit - Vanessa Jackman Blog

So maybe this party season find the perfect jumpsuit as it will be a refreshing alternative to the LBD & a versatile new staple for your wardrobe..