On my bathroom vanity right now...

As a little change from the usual fashion, celebrity and trend posts, I thought it would be nice to share a couple of the new beauty products I've recently discovered & now completely adore, as well as some old faithful and long term loves..



The TOP 5 products I use every day....
1. L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream RRP $139.95

So at 35 my skin these days is definitely in need of extra hydration. Apparently fibroblasts (the key cell which produces collagen and elastin) starts to become less active at the age of 35, lucky me.
Oh and the good fortune continues (excuse my sarcasm) but I've also now realised that I was terribly misguided in thinking that when wrinkles moved in for their permanent stay,  that pimples would move out. Oh how wrong I was.....
So with my skin refusing to co-operate even more so now than in my teens,  I've become quite cautious when trying out new skincare products. 
There are gazillions of skin care products promising miraculous results, anti-aging, luminous skin, blah blah blah... it all get's ridiculously overwhelming. My skin is really sensitive too which makes me even more wary when trying anything new, especially something rich and scented. The Divine cream is rich, AND has a beautiful fruity scent (which I love) however before actually putting it on my skin, I did feel a little little worried. All of that apprehension was packed up & thrown out the door within about 30 seconds of using the cream...The Divine cream absorbs quickly however leaves your skin feeling SO smooth and soft. The scent is just heavenly, and after just over a month of using it, I still keep touching my face after I've just put it on as it feels so soft and smooth. At first I thought it would be better as a night cream but now I'm also using it in the morning as it creates a super smooth base for your makeup. Love love love it and I'm happy to recommend it as my number #1 beauty investment right now... Definitely worth saving your pennies for...
2. Moroccanoil® Intense Curl Cream
I've been using this baby for a few weeks now and had been eager to try it after reading so many celebrity & beauty editor endorsements. I'm now happy to report that all of their enthusiasm is justified. My hair is quite thin, wispy and completely uncooperative. I have long hair but have it pulled back in a bun 99% of the time as it always looks fluffy and a little crazy when I leave it out. Now after washing my hair I just spread a small amount of the Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream through my hair while damp. I then scrunch the ends and walk away (the key is also not to keep touching your hair as it's drying - NO TOUCHING!).  My hair has never looked so smooth and healthy. I'm also now leaving it out most days too!

3. Cetaphil
Ok, so my usual cleanser is the Dermalogica Clay Cleanser which I LOVE & swear by, however when the budget is tight, and it is right now, Cetaphil is my stand in cleanser. It's gentle, removes all your makeup easily, and is great for sensitive skin.

4. Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
I've tried a few different exfolient cleansers but have never found anything better than Dermalogica's Microfoliant. The powder gives your face a gentle scrub, foams up so it feels like it's getting a good clean and leaves your face feeling super smooth. This has been a essential part of my beauty routine for over 10 years now.

5. Dove Body Wash
There's no one particular Dove body wash product I stick to, I try a different one every time I purchase it. I'm a fan of the exfoliating body wash but I'm also loving the 'Energize' grapefruit & lemongrass fragrance I purchased this week as it was on sale for $3.49. It's lovely and moisturizing too, perfect for this harsh drying winter weather..