Printed slouch pants...

I bought animal print harem pants today.

Before you think, has she lost her marbles, there was a long process leading up to this purchase. It all began with Sienna Miller in around July 2009. She was photographed in an animal print 'peg' style cut. It was then that my curiosity was
piqued

As I started to spot similar pants being featured on international street style blogs and in various magazines, the style became part of that shopping wish list that sits
inconspicuously in the back of my mind. My mind also has a sub-conscious radar that keeps a subtle eye out when shopping and then one day will let off an alert to the sound of 'oh my god I've been wanting these for ages!" Then I have to make that crucial decision to buy or not to buy,  usually after what could have been quite a long wait, AND this seems to always happen when I have no money.

When I first saw this pair it was instant excitement, then came the re-assessing. 'Do I REALLY need them, will I REALLY wear them, if I don't get them I'll be thinking about them constantly, and when I finally go back they'll be all sold out". I actually have this argument with myself when shopping ALL the time.

Finally I made the decision to buy them and there is no shopping remorse at all. I know a purchase from Sportsgirl isn't a huge financial investment but hey, times are tough right now and when the budget is tight, you have to shop wisely.

My shopping justification for my
animal print harem pants are: They'll look great through winter with a denim jacket and ankle boots (they're light weight but I can just wear tights under them) and then they'll merge straight into summer with a singlet and strappy sandals. That's at least 2 season's wear already!
The initial inspiration...

Sienna & her animal print tapered in pants...

Loved these but they were never in my budget. Temperley London Leopard-print harem pants £334.78

My new pants....


I love how the legs taper right in at the bottom.

My Sportsgirl Survivalist Tie Waist Pant $89.95