Trend Alert - White boots!

Image: http://carolinesmode.com/stockholmstreetstyle/

Wow! I must say, I love this entire outfit!

At first I was shocked to notice the white boots. I mean, I don’t think I’ve seen someone wearing anything like this since well, possibly princess Leia in Star Wars?

This is the reason why I love street style photography blogs such as StockholmStreetStyle, Street Peeper and Vanessa Jackman though. They continually provide a never-ending stream of creative, original and unexpected style inspiration. Yesterday I would have laughed if someone suggested I add a pair of white boots in any shape or form to an outfit, today after seeing this clever ensemble, I’m ready to rock a pair of white boots and 90's printed leggings  with the confidence of John Travolta in the opening scene of Saturday Night Fever... Ok, that's an exaggeration but I am game to give them a try!

So are we going to see a return of the ‘white boot’ as a key fashion trend? In the 60’s it was common place to see knee high white boots worn with mini skirts and mod style dresses, and in the mid 80’s I remember being desperate for a pair white leather ankle boots.

Trend or not, this is one cool outfit from the printed leggings, ripped tee shirt and shaggy vest. It’s fresh, perfectly balanced and looks totally comfortable. I’m putting all of these items on my winter wish list!

Ideas...


Jeffrey Campbell Pixie Zip Wedge Booties, www.shopbop.com Alberto Makali Bright White Faux Fur Vest, www.eDressMe.com Thomas Wylde Animal-print jersey leggings, www.theoutnet.com