MaNoKin Designs: Cirque du Manique/ Best of Costumes (Comic Expo 2011)

Two events I liked to talk about in this entry: (1.) MaNoKin Designs: Cirque du Manique (2.) Calgary Comic Expo 2011. 

(1.) Saturday night was Calgary based MaNoKin Designs fashion event: Cirque du Manique hosted at Sociale Bar and Grille.
Top left: Reserved table for Calgary Fashion Bloggers :-)
Bottom left: me and Eleven:Eleven store owner Lana
Right: Models and MaNoKin designer Marsina King

The event showcased MaNoKin Designs Fall 2011 collection and a portion of the evening's proceed goes to Japan tsunami relief. Designer of MaNoKin Designs, Marsina King graduated from Ryerson University in Toronto. This is actually my first time taking a closer look at Marsina's designs.
MaNoKin Designs Fall 2011 Collection

This season's collection revealed a mysterious, playful and sexy look. Mysterious because every piece on the runway gave me a surprise. One after another, I was unable to predict what comes next. Playful because Marsina incorporated the concept of XX/XY in her collection. Some of the designs had a taste of unisex-flare to it. Sexy because the designs also emphasized women's sex appeal. Many people showed up that night at the event, including some of our Calgary's favourite fashion bloggers:
Top left: FunFunkyFab
Bottom left: The Diva Lounge :-)
Right: The "real" Diva Lounge and my best blogger friend with Calgary Fashion photographer Paul
Left to right: Death by Shoe; Fashionsignmag and Amber Marple; Calgary Fashion Elle 
On me: Tee: Urban Heritage; Pants: Attachment; Coat: Izzue
Glasses: from Japan; Necklace: Primitive; Shoes: Louis Vuitton
Top: me and models for MaNoKin
Bottom: Night view of Fashion Central

Saturday night was a beautiful night. It was perfect to take a snap-shot of the Fashion Central.

(2.) Last week was also the 2011 Calgary Comic Expo. Like I mentioned from one of my previous posts. I was always excited to see the kinds of costume people put on. Below were some of my top picks:
Top row (left to right): Flash; Ghost Rider; Scorpion; Heavy armor knight
Bottom row (left to right): Galactus; Mario Bros; Blackcat; Halo (blue)
Top: Ghostbusters
Bottom: Rima Tohya from Vampire Knights; R2D2 from Star Wars

I was quite happy with the fact that there were more cosplays at the expo this year than the one previous. :-) One more thing that I noticed there were more this year was LEGO booths. 
…and of course, the major guest of honor at the expo: The Star Trek legend: William Shatner.
Me and Dr. Shatner

Follow me on Twitter: @SimplyVincent
Follow me on 微博@BinzentoVincente
Email me: vincent_waishing_law@hotmail.com