Winter style - Inspired by Samantha Wills

Not only is she super model gorgeous and hugely successful here in Australia and internationally, Aussie jewellery designer Samantha Wills also gets to divide her time between her homes in Sydney and New York City (jealous much?). Samantha is originally from my home town of Port Macquarie so I've loved watching her career and style evolve over the years. She's always been more than happy to contribute her style advice to mylookbook readers so I thought it would be nice to get her tips how to look amazing this winter...

"My personal style is influenced by a combination of travel, experience and seasonal trends. I like to mix it up with different textures, patterns and colours - particularly in winter; I don't think you should be limited to a dark wardrobe. It's all about keeping warm with peach tones and sunny hues against the cold backdrop of the Sydney streetscape. I draw a lot of my inspiration for both my style and my designs from my time spent in NYC. It is such a large melting pot of talent, style and culture that the city itself has become my muse"

Samantha's style tips/trend alerts for this coming winter season are:

1. To stay true to your own personal style! It is good to be aware of trends but try to make them work for you in your own individual way. A true style icon sets themselves apart from the crowd!

2. Accessorise neutral shades with vibrant jewels and scarves - these items are more versatile and can be worn in different ways to create new outfits and looks.

3. Choose a statement bag for the season, a Chloe tote is my pick this year!!

Shop Samantha's Style...
Pale Peach Co-ordinating Linen Blazer, £60.00, www.topshop.com
Witchery Faux Fur Pull Through, $129.95, www.witchery.com.au
Jane Iredale Just Kissed® Lip Plumper in ‘Sydney’, $54, Phone 1300 850 008
Samantha Wills Colosseo cuff in gold, $135, www.samanthawills.com.au
Samantha Wills Concordia ring in black, $125, www.samanthawills.com.au
ChloƩ Marcie Large leather tote, US$1,790, www.net-a-porter.com