Shorts + Tights

There seems to be a bit of a debate over this one. It's not really a new trend, edgy fashionsistas have have been doing it for a few season's now however the influx of celebs being photographed at the moment in the quirky combination has thus inspired their eager disciples (I include myself here) with another new look to experiment with.

I love versatility and the simple fact is that I now don't have to pack my summer shorts away, but can include them in my transeasonal & winter wardrobe. Perfect for those (like myself) who are on a tight budget!

I'm also going away this weekend & if this indecisive weather keeps up I think packing a couple of pairs of shorts + tights is actually a pretty clever & practical thing to do! There are plenty of different looks to experiment with, I'll probably play it safe with black tights and back shorts however I don't mind Reece Witherspoon's grey shorts. I do believe it's a look to tread with caution with as the wrong combination could easily look tacky. Although I do like the photos below from denimology.com & Olivia Palermo's look with denim shorts, I think they are an exception. My advice is unless your confident with what type of look your aiming for, stick to a dressier or more tailored style of shorts.

In the end it's always fun to play, I'm off to pack for my weekend in Sydney, worrying about the weather - not so much an issue now!

Keira Knightly

Fashion forward Sienna Miller does white shorts + black stockings and totally pulls it off (would we expect anything less?).
Reese Witherspoon playing it safe yet looking effortlessly chic.

Olivia Palermo - looks good but it could easily go the other way..

This entire ensemble is amazing (especially love the jacket). Photo: Denimology.com

Feeling experimental! Try these cute Mother Maria Pierre Shorts $132
(Pre-order from www.mothermaria.com.au
)
These shorts from Sportsgirl are really flattering (ok so I lashed out and purchased them today) are made from a medium weight polyester/viscose blend and look great with tights.. $79.95 www.sportsgirl.com.au
Total splurge... Missoni Amata Kintted Shorts £514.89 www.net-a-porter.com