Beauty news & reviews...


And this is why...


M.A.C Eye Shadow in ‘Pink Venus, $33.00, www.maccosmetics.com.au
This is my staple eyeshadow right now. I always tend to stick to dusty pinks as I find it an easy colour to sweep over my entire eyelids to give my eyes a subtle lift of colour without looking too ’made-up’. I've found the M.A.C Pink Venus perfect for this.

DIOR Addict Lipstick, $49,  (02) 9695 4800 or www.dior.com
I've been obsessed with shades of coral, pink and watermelon for a few months now and DIOR colour 681 is topping my list. I also love the lightweight texture (apparently it's because it has 25% less wax then a classic lipsticks). It's available in 44 shades so I'm trying to hold off from falling in love with too many of them!

Smashbox IN BLOOM Soft Focus Powder Eyeliner,  $29.95, www.kitcosmetics.com
When it comes to eye make up, I don't generally like anything too dramatic but I do use a charcoal grey pencil on my eyelid along my lash line. I usually then use a make up brush to smudge it. My 2 step process has now been transformed into one with this loose powder liner. Creating a soft, smoldering eye in seconds, it gives that defined, yet diffused look which I love.

Napoleon Auto Pilot Lift Off, $22, www.napoleonperdis.com
I have always been meticulous at removing my makeup at the end of the day. It’s one of the first rules about wearing make up that I read in a fashion magazine in my early teens and I’ve stuck by it ever since. Sometimes I’m just so tired at the end of the day or in a crazy rush to go somewhere where I don't really want to be wearing make up so I was really excited to try out Napoleon’s new make up remover wipes. All it takes is just few quick sweeps and the make up is gone. 

Dermalogica Sheer Tint Moisture SPF 15,  $77, www.dermalogica.com.au
I use this every single day. I hate the feeling of anything heavy on my skin and this light weight cream gives my skin enough coverage to even out my skin tone, without looking like I'm wearing make up. If I want that added 'dewy' fresh glow to my skin I'll use the Dermalogica Active Moist first and then the Sheer Tint over the top. This is definitely one of my 'can't-live-without' products!