Miroslava Duma


There are a few people whom which when I see a new photo of, I literally feel heart fluttering excitement. I take my time scanning every single detail of their outfit, analyzing the items that often unexpectedly look magnificent together, trying to deconstruct and understand what makes the ensemble so special. It’s often an outfit so simple yet; this person has turned it into a fashion masterpiece.

Miroslava Duma is one such styling genius. Every single detail from her hair (which changes regularly) to her choice of nail colour always has me in complete awe. Miroslava’s exceptional taste in outfits is always so immaculately sophisticated, subtly on trend yet uniquely quirky, she is the epitome of effortless chic.

Her outfit choices are sometimes a surprise, she wore an all red suit at least a year before any other celebrity did, and, at the time I thought she looked fabulous but it wasn’t a look I would have predicted become a trend. 12 months later and an all red suit is the norm.

A former editor at Harper's Bazaar Russia she now freelances as fashion writer and director. I recently came across a blog where she has photographed her own daily outfits, http://buro247.ru - I don’t understand a single word on the blog however if you scroll through you’ll find a treasure trove of Miroslava outfits that don’t usually show when googling ‘Miroslava Duma Style’ – yes I do that often.

This recent photograph taken during Paris Haute Couture Week, features a geometric print maxi dress and classic Chanel jacket, an unexpected yet in typical Miroslava style, flawless ensemble.

Other Miroslava sites for inspiration:
http://miroslavaduma.tumblr.com
http://wikifashion.com/wiki/Miroslava_Duma