Studio Intent Boutique/ NTSA 2011 Final Audition


1) Studio Intent: I recently wrote an article for Calgary Fashion on Studio Intent Boutique. Please click HERE to read the full article. 
Chantal Barchard is the owner of Studio Intent. Her passion and support towards homegrown Canadian fashion designers created awareness to the community and reminded us of the talents we have in Canada. 
Studio Intent is a beautifully decorated intimate space located inside Art Central. 
Top left: owner Chantal Barchard and me

In addition to clothing and accessories, Studio Intent also carries artwork by local artists. In summary, Studio Intent is one of the "homes" for Canadian designers.
My picks at the store: Maison by House of Spy, Mia Melon, Eve Gravel, Colleen Cyca and Slashpile Designs.
On me that day: Hat: H&M; Shirt: Burberry; Pants: Purchased @ Thailand flee market

For more info about Studio Intent Boutique, please visit their website: http://www.studiointent.ca
They are located at: Art Central at #105, 100 7th Ave S.W.

2) New Talent Singing Awards (NTSA) Calgary Audition 2011: Final Competition: Some readers may recall my May 29th blog entry about the NTSA 2011 semi-final (Click here). Ten finalists were selected to enter the final competition for Calgary audition hosted by Fairchild TV, which just happened last Sunday July 10th. I was very pleased to see all ten of them have improved tremendously over a short period of time on their singing and performing skills. It all brought back memories when I was also in the same competition in 2007, where I worked really hard within a month period to prepare to go on stage. Jonathan Wong, a well known Hong Kong singer/song-writer and dancer flew all the way from Asia to be the special guest performer and guest judge for this year's competition. I also had the opportunity to interview him backstage for Alberta Report. I found him very down-to-earth and humble even with his amazing talents in violin and contemporary dance. In addition to producing Cantonese albums in the Hong Kong music industry, he was recently signed with Avex Trax record label, which is one of the most prestige record companies in Japan. 
Jonathan Wong and me

I was able to find one of his earlier songs in English version called Separate Ways (1+1 in Cantonese) on YouTube: 

(Jonathan Wong) - Separate Ways (1+1 Eng. Version)

The winner of this year's NTSA 2011 was Ethan Wang. He will be representing Calgary, along with winners from Vancouver and Toronto auditions and go back to Hong Kong this fall and compete for the international title. Congratulations Ethan!
Left to right: Best on stage performance: Denny; Runner-up: Kelton; Winner: Ethan; Second runner-up: Andy

Here are other photos I snapped that night:
Left: Justina, Jonathan and me; Right: Jonathan and Fairchild TV live hosts: Ivan, Arian and Rita
Left: contestant Linda during make-up getting ready for show; Middle: NTSA 2010 winners: Justin, Issac, Danny and Jay; Right: contestants Vanessa and Linda

Lastly, ladies! we all know ladies love shoes. In the upcoming blog entry, I may have some good stuff to show :)

**Studio Intent photos: Special thanks to my dearest and most lovely photographer Katrina Olson. She has always been very supportive and professional with her work :) 
Remember, please:

Follow me on Twitter: @SimplyVincent
Follow me on 微博@SimplyVincent
Email me: vincent_waishing_law@hotmail.com