ARTwear 2011

Binzento Vincente with ARTwear chair: Linda Amelia Hearst

Binzento Vincente with Bree Gardner; Photo by: Chuck Szmurlo

TV shooting for my network past Thursday, was for ARTwear 2011 event happened at The Art Gallery of Calgary and Hotel Arts. I was very impressed with the effort and inspiration Alberta College of Art and Design (ACAD) students had put through for this event. Their creativity was captivating, and truly original. I could finally take my lovely Judith Leiber finch bird bag with me that night, afterall IT WAS "artwear". :)
The night began with a VIP reception at The Art Gallery of Calgary on Stephen's Ave. ACAD students showcased their wearable art. Most of the students haven't design fashion pieces before, but their artistic ability reconciled every aspect in creating these pieces.
After the VIP event, we migrated to Hotel Arts for the official ARTwear 2011 Fashion Show. There were silent auctions at the venue. The mission of the ARTwear event was to raise money to further accommodate students who have the determination to pursue art and fashion as their career. It was also a good opportunity to promote students' hard work and raise awareness of the artistic talents YYC offer.
Chi Chi Courture

The official fashion show event showcased collection from various local boutiques. Boutique showcase is not really my personal favourite in terms of fashion show. However, I will give credits for the audience participation. My pick of the night was Chi Chi Courture. I can tell that Holly Allen of Chi Chi Courture had stepped up with her designs. She was able to execute her label with a well recognizable Chi Chi character. Another pick that I liked was Primitive, I enjoyed the retro sensitivity in their collection. In my opinion, both Chi Chi and Primitive had one of the most memorable collections of the night. The featured designer of the night was Zenobia, the collection was closely Spring/Summer inspired with the light-hearted colours.
Zenobia

I had a chance to interview the president/ CEO of The Art Gallery of Calgary & ARTwear , she was a sweet lady. KO (http://www.olmo.ca) and I had a fun night hanging out together, she has to be my favourite personal photographer. I had to thank my camera man Alan also for traveling the whole night to get a good video footage.


Like me on Facebook: Binzento Vincente
Follow me on Twitter: @SimplyVincent
Subscribe to my YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/vwslaw
Listen to me on Heello: @SimplyVincent
Be my fan on 微博: @SimplyVincent
Email me: vincent_waishing_law@hotmail.com