What to wear to the office


So today I decided it was time to get over my self-conscious fear of sharing my own personal outfits online. After years of blogging and writing about other people’s looks, I thought it was about time to share just a little of my own personal style.

I’ve held back until now due to silly insecurities that so many of us have about our body image. I decided however, that it was time to push my paranoia aside, and embrace the fact that even though I’m no super model, fashion is one of my creative outlets and I really want to share it on a more personal level.

So here I go down a scary new road for the mylookbook blog. I’ve decided to start with a series of ‘what to wear to the office’ posts this week. It’s a style area that I’ve been searching for inspiration for myself recently, and one that’s not as easy as you would think to find. If you have any suggestions or tips of your own, please feel free to share your comments and links!

PS. Yes my second toe looks really strange in the photo above! I wasn't going to post this photo because of it but decided to just get over it!

Outfit details: 

This is one of my favourite work ensembles. I'm slowly learning to mix more textures and colours together. Even though I absolutely LOVE an eclectic mix in other people's outfits, I've always tread with caution. Since throwing caution to the wind however, I'm finding so many things that I wouldn't expect to suit, surprisingly do. I'm now consciously trying to combine items that wouldn't necessarily be my first choice and it really does work!

I love how these pants taper in at the bottom and fit comfortably around my waist and hips. At first I was worried that they accentuated my curves too much but decided to just go with it and embrace it. I'm only 5ft tall so it's easy to look stocky. I definitely have to wear heels with these pants though as flats just don't polish the look in the same way. I also didn't think the pants would suit me before trying them on but was pleasantly surprised by how much I ended up liking them. Proof you should always experiment and try a variety of styles on as you'll probably end up surprising yourself!

So this is office outfit #1!
White Singlet - Jeans West $19.95 (In store now) www.jeanswest.com.auNecklace - Diva (In store now) www.diva.net.au Pants - H&M www.hm.com Belt - Sportsgirl www.sportsgirl.com.au Shoes - Mogil www.mogil.biz