Uptown 17 Fashion & Food Week 4 - Leo Boutique @ Ox & Angela

Time certainly flies. This week was the final week of the "Uptown 17 Fashion & Food" month. Brought to us for the finale was fashion merchandize from Leo Boutique, which was showcased at the Ox & Angela resto-lounge. 
Despite the unexpected weather here in YYC that night, it did not stop people from spending a good Sunday evening from enjoying the food & wine and fashion show by Leo Boutique.
I was impressed with Leo Boutique keeping a coherent showcase even though they carry a somewhat wide range of labels and designs. It's pretty safe to say that their show was fairly "60's" and "Mad Men" inspired. I could also see Colin Firth in "A Single Man" was written all over in the men's wear. While the women's wear were composed of a vintage and a mixed of freshness, playful and elegant style.
Ox & Angela resto-lounge was opened earlier this year at the location where Bungalow Bar used to be. I always call it the "cousin" of Una Pizza and Wine since both restaurants were established by the same owner. Like many modern style bistro, Ox & Angela is divided into the dinning and lounge sections. The restaurant focuses on bringing the South America inspired cuisine and atmosphere. Although their main course menu is scarce on vegetarian option for someone like myself (a vegetarian), several of their snacks and desserts are definitely good choices to go along with wine or cocktail while spending a night socializing with friends. My favourites were the corn dip with nacho chips and creme brulee.
Leah Van Loon again did a great job organizing the models runway. It was very important for me to see a smooth show with no ambiguity. Sadly, the "Uptown 17 Fashion & Food" month came to an end. Overall, it was a success and I hope they will do it again. I feel personally, the shows offered all the participated establishments an opportunity to work hand-in-hand, bring together all of YYC's fashion and food lovers, and show the extent this city has grown.


Like me on Facebook: Binzento Vincente
Follow me on Twitter: @SimplyVincent
Subscribe to my YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/vwslaw
Listen to me on Heello: @SimplyVincent
Be my fan on 微博: @SimplyVincent
Email me: vincent_waishing_law@hotmail.com