Baggy fitting pants challenge...

I've been eying off this style of pants for a while now. I have a huge collection of photos on my computer of fashionistas from the Netherlands to San Fransisco who have all perfected ways to wear their high waist, tapered in leg, baggy pants. Deep down I know that at 5ft tall and a medium build they're not really going to suit me, so other than my spontaneous animal print pant purchase from Sportsgirl last month, I haven't been game to really invest in this trend that I actually do love.

Last weekend however I came across this pair at the markets. With the new price tag still on, and drum role... only $4, I figured it the perfect excuse to see if I could work the look or not, minus the guilt in spending money on something that I may not ever end up wearing.

So I'm sharing my experiment with you all. I have to say I'm still not really convinced that this style is for me. I think that they are much more suited to a taller slim body type. I tried to wear them with a loose fitting singlet like I've seen look great on others however it really did nothing for my shape.
Then I experimented with a fitted singlet and jacket, then again with a vintage bolero. Although I felt fairly comfortable, I'm still feeling unsure about my new pants. My advice is that if your desperate to try these pants (like I was) and your not a tall lean build, is that you definitely need to wear them with a structured jacket or shirt to create a more flattering silhouette. Heels are essential, and adding a few accessories will help polish off the finished look.




I'm still totally undecided on this outfit experiment...