Beauty Reviews - May 2011

Philosophy Melon Daiquiri Shower Gel, $38, www.meccacosmetica.com.au
Oh my God! If you love a body wash that will blast your senses with a delicious fruity fragrance as soon as you pop the lid - this is for you. I've been lucky enough to test a few of the Philosophy body wash flavours recently and let me tell you, they are all AMAZING. This one has a cantaloupe-scented fragrance that appart from making your skin smell good enough to eat, it will leave your skin silky-smooth and glowing.

Dermalogica Concealing Spot Treatment, $40, www.dermalogica.com.au
I am a Dermalogica girl through and through. After years of temperamental skin, there hasn't been a lot of skin care products that have been willing to work with me. In my 30's (as some of you will be able to relate to) it's not just wrinkles you have to deal with but break outs as well (sorry for those under the age of 20, they don't stop when your teenage years do). Dermalogica’s Concealing Spot Treatment not only works it's magic getting rid of nasty pimples, the new reformulated version will also instantly conceal those dreaded spots. Another AMAZING product from Dermalogica.

Moroccanoil®  Glimmer Shine Spray, $34.50, 1300 437 436
I've been using the Moroccanoil® for a while now, you put a squirt of the oily substance in your hair while it's wet and then it dries with a smooth frizz free shine. Lately I've also been using the Moroccanoil®  Glimmer Shine Spray. Once you've finished straightening or blow drying your hair just spritz the light mist around your head a few times and it'll leave you with a smooth, radiant and glossy finish.

Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Colour in Rose Brown (28), $44, www.bobbibrown.com.au
I found this absolutely gorgeous coloured lippy in one of my fashion week goodie bags and it's quickly become my favourite lip colour (right now anyway). The texture is creamy but not heavy and the colour is kind of a tint of your natural lip color with an ever so subtle rosy hue. I'm SO happy with this colour so if your a fan of nude and natural lip shades you'll definitely LOVE this one.

Natio Nail Colour in Berry You, $9.05, www.natio.com.au
This Winter Natio released a collection of make up in the most divine berry colours, aptly named 'Berry Beautiful' The range consists of stand alone lip and eye colours, plus a full mineral makeup palette with a combination of eye shadows, blushers, bronzers and lip glosses in eight harmonious colours. It is the perfect assortment of makeup for winter dressing, my absolute favourite product though is the nail colour in 'Berry You'.

Stila Eyeshadow in Kitton, $38, www.meccacosmetica.com.au
One of my friends actually introduced me to this colour. A gorgeous base colour on it's own or you can use it in the inner corners of your eyes or dust over the top of other eye colours for a subtle shimmer. It has a silky soft texture and really good staying power.

Duo Cheek and Lip Creme in Turn I On, $34.95, www.kitcosmetics.com.au
I've been a bit old fashioned until now, sticking to the traditional powder blush. I didn't really have an excuse to try anything different until I was given this handy little compact from Kit. You can use either colour on your cheeks or lips to give you a natural flush or a light tint of gloss colour on your lips. I like the fact that you can also experiment blending the two colours together to create your own required tone of colour.