Printed Pants Trend 2011


I am a comfort dresser. If it’s not comfortable, I just don’t wear it no matter how good it looks.

So, in saying that I’ve always a massive fan of slouchy pants (if they have an elastic waist even better). Unflattering you may think... but if the cut is right and they're not overly loose around the bum and thighs, then tapered in nicely toward the bottom of your legs, they can look quite good.  Lucky for me this cut of pant has been finding it’s way back into style again.

The most predominate feature about this style of pant right now is the variety of prints. If we’re talking trends, printed pants are IT right now. I fell in love with this look back in July 2010 when there wasn’t a huge variety available. Lucky for me (who is on a tight budget at the moment) you can now find printed pants everywhere. The best thing of all is the assortment of different prints, thus allowing you to enjoy the trend without seeing duplicates of yourself everywhere.

Other than total comfort, the other thing I’m loving about printed pants is the diversity in which you can style them. In summer just throw on a basic singlet and some sandals, for winter let your imagination run wild as there’s a million looks you can experiment with.

Last week while running around and getting organized for fashion week and not intentionally shopping for clothes, as I said I’m on a budget (God I wish this GFC would end soon!) I just happened to walk past Supre and was drawn to these printed pants. Although they’re a light weight cotton and not really winter pants, I figured on really cold days that a pair of tights underneath would fix that problem, and then through summer they would be just perfect as they are. The best part, they were only $38.

So yesterday the weather here on the sunshine coast was ‘coolish’ but still pleasant. I experimented with 2 looks (photo above) in my new pants, both ensembles I felt SO comfortable in. As you can see I'm completely awkward in front of the camera but I really wanted to show how versatile they are, and they don't look too bad even though I'm so short!

So wheather you do your printed pants with slouchy basics,  a structured or leather jacket, heels, ankle boots or sandals, as you can see below, from the runway to the street they are a such a fun item of clothing to work with and offer SO many different looks.

From the runway to the street: The printed pants trend
Proenza SchoulerF/W 2011, Vivienne Tam Spring 2011 RTW, http://vanessajackman.blogspot.com/, http://thischicksgotstyle.blogspot.com