90's Fashion Comeback

With recent twittering, blogging and online buzz these past few months over the apparent 90’s grunge revival, it’s actually caused me to have a bit of a “Flash Back” – January 1990 to be precise. I was 16 and obsessed with anything Cindy, Claudia, Naomi, Linda, Helena or Karen (the famous 90's supermodels for anyone not of this era). I know admitting to these dates and relevant age makes me sound ‘so old’ to anyone under the age of 23 however the recent come back of so many 80’s & 90’s trends is making me feel a little nostalgic. Not to mention said models, over 2 decades later, now being seen in advertising campaigns once again and eclipsing rivals half their age.

To enforce how obsessed I was with this era, my year 12 final artwork was a huge painting of Cindy Crawford, every single one of my school books was covered in photos of super models and my favourite music clip which I watched obsessively – of course George Michael’s ‘Freedom 90’.

My fondest memories are not only 90’s Super Model’s, but all the associated trends of the decade including baby doll dresses, long blazers, chunky black boots, & anything to do with Beverly Hills 90210.

This whole era was such a huge part of my introduction into what I do and love right now, I can’t help indulge in a little reminiscing..... take a walk with me down memory lane at some of my favourite 90's magazine images and see for yourself if you notice anything familiar...



Linda Evangalista - Vogue 1992 - A Military Style Jacket


Vogue 1990's - Bodysuits


Kate Moss 1993 - The Blazer


Cosmo 1991 - Cindy Crawford - The Bustier Top


Vogue 1992 - Cindy Crawford - Cut Out Dress


Cindy Crawford 1990's - Oversized Blazer