The October Issue of Mylookbook is online

Although I’m always curious about how to combine all the new season trends to achieve whatever look is ‘hot’ and not walk out the door in what’s ‘not’ I do find a nice comfort in the classics like simple feminine frocks and of course an uncomplicated little black dress.

I fell in love this month when I was shown photos from a collection by designer Courtney Meyer and her label ‘Miss Unkon’. Inspired by childhood memories of dolls and her own elegant grandmother, the images take you into her dreamlike world and make you forget about whatever trend might be ‘in’ right now & what your ‘supposed’ to be wearing. I’m so happy to share the interview we did with her as well as the beautiful images from her new collection which I’m sure you will love too.

Now, after having declared my love of ‘classic’ I do have to come clean and admit that I’m also not immune to having a wish list of
new season trends & wanting a similar version of what my favourite celebrities a wearing. I frequently find myself (after browsing the internet for news & images) wondering where I can get my own version of a certain make-up colour, handbag, item of clothing of new hair style.

I guess this is why the most famous fashion icons of our time sit firmly on their thrown, having that clever ability to perfectly combine the classics with a touch of what is edgy at right this minute. I’m doing my best to find that balance but it can be hard when so much imagery & information is blasted from every angle. Right now I’m trying to find inspiration from style books such as ‘The Style Strategy’ By Nina Garcia and ‘I love your style’ By Amanda Brooks which help you learn to put together & discover your own personal style.

So I guess I’m making an effort to be less of a fashion victim and more stylish and refined. Admittedly I’ve got a long way to go. I emailed my friends at Napoleon as soon as I saw a photo of Rachel Bilson and her vibrant red lipstick to ask exactly what colour they recommend to replicate the look, and I became obsessed with fitted bustier style dresses after seeing a few pictured on the red carpet.

I’m without doubt a work in progress but I guess that’s the fun of it. My motto always has been that fashion should be fun & if I have to constantly re-invent my own personal style each month then I guess that’s just how it’s going to be.

I hope you enjoy my book of fashion finds & inspiration this month & have a ball putting together your own new season looks!

Go to the new issue Now! www.mylookbook.com.au