Jersey drop crotch trousers. AKA - poo catcher pants

Browsing a few street style blogs today, one very distinct trend on the Vanessa Jackman Blog was what she stated as “Jersey drop crotch trousers “ or as my husband would call them, ‘poo catcher pants’.

This style having been around a few seasons now, and previously in other decades, it’s one trend I’ve never really ventured into. There are many who have though (resulting in a look really not so good) but there are definitely some clever fashionistas that have worked the trend to perfection.


My husband was actually standing with me in a store the first time I innocently picked up a pair of these pants a while back. He just looked at me (with sheer horror in his eyes) and said ‘please no’. Having been married for quite a while now he realizes he doesn’t get a lot of say in what crazy outfits I choose to wear, although seeing the fear in his eyes this one day, I decided that maybe this was one trend I would give a miss.

Looking at these images today though, I'm thinking that these pants can actually look pretty darn cool. Admittedly the crotches in these one's below aren't as low and baggy many I've seen. I think it's quite a happy medium & I'm kinda really liking it... What do you think?


Natalie Hartley,of The Sunday Times Style magazine (above) and Zanna Rassi, senior fashion editor of Marie Claire (US) magazine, embrace the grey jersey drop-crutch trouser moment. http://vanessajackman.blogspot.com/