Choker Trend


Be it a bold statement piece or something more delicate and subtle, it appears that the choker is making a comeback. To be honest, I hadn’t thought about wearing a choker since my high school formal in the late 90’s, then I spotted these photos of Christine Centenera and Swedish blogger Caroline of Carolines Mode, and I’ve been on the hunt ever since.

The problem is that they ‘re not so easy to find right now. As a teenager in the 90’s I felt like an outfit wasn’t complete without a choker, but with limited funds I had to use a little resourcefulness and a simple black ribbon did the trick. I might have to try some home made experimentation again until I find the perfect choker; all styles above are definitely on the short list though!

Cord And Metal Bolt Collar, £16.50, www.topshop.com
FALLON Labrynth Maze Choker, US$220, www.ssense.com
Same time same place choker, $180, www.sassandbide.com
Dimante jumble necklace, $39.95, www.portmans.com.au