The flare is back!

Pictured: Nicole Richie | Kristin Cavallari | Gisele Bündchen


I mentioned earlier this week that I’d pulled my 70’s flares out again. I’m not quite old enough to claim that they’re original 70’s flares, more a pair I had in the 90’s when the 70’s trend was having it’s first comeback.

It seems we’re seeing yet another return of the 70’s flare and it’s one trend I’m REALLY happy to see come back. It’s not that I don’t like skinny jeans; it’s just that you kind of have to be a particular shape and size to really pull them off, where as flared jeans are universally flattering. Being short, I also love how I can sneak a pair of super high wedges underneath my flared jeans and
walla, there’s an extra 6 inches of length on my legs and who’s to know any better?

All 3 looks (above), are perfect examples of why flares looks so great and all easy enough to replicate. So what do you think? Skinny or flared, what’s your preference?